Documentary Film based on Gibson's book: Qur'anic Geography
 

 

The Sacred City from Glasshouse Media on Vimeo.

 

NABATAEANS IN THE NEGEV

The Ancient Madaba Mosaic Map

 

The Madaba Map was found in 1884 in an old Byzantine church, now named The Church of the Map. The local Christians had decided to build the present Greek Orthodox Church of St. George, which is now located beside the ancient church. The map is dated to the sixth century, during the time of Emperor Justinian (527 - 565). It is the oldest known map of Palestine and is the source of some facinating historial data. It has survived, despire damage over the years by fire and the colapse of the original church. The church faces east, so the map places the viewer in the Mediteranian Sea looking east at the Holy Land. In the center of the map is the Dead Sea with the Jordan River running into it on the left. On the right is the Nile River.

 The Negev

 Nabataea Sites

MEDA'IN SALEH